Overall comments from MOE
- We have done the research on the 40 dBA and feel this should be the max level
- We have started a research chair and are looking for ideas, still in preliminary stages and role is not defined
- We have enforcement in place but have not received complaints, have a noise abatement program in place, can stop turbines if found non-compliant.
- EA process is now built in into the REA process; all requirements under this will still be required
- The turbine height setback is based on their research
Overall questions from concerned citizens
- No health studies on which setbacks are based
- How we will be assured that our info is reflected in the new regs?
- Public notice needs better definition
- How will MOE guarantee our health will not be affected?
- How will MOE address the quality and reliability of the data they receive from developers especially noise?
- Receptor needs to be revisited to meet farm animals’ needs
- Stray voltage needs to be addressed
Overall complaints from the wind companies
- Don’t like the 40 dBA, or the min. 550, or the lot line setback.
- They will not be able to build any more wind projects.
- Projects smaller than 10KW rather than 3 should be exempt from the REA