We ask you once more to remember to comment on the Ministry of the Environment site, comment code 011-0089. Brian Anderson of the Beach area has appended some easy steps…as the Ministry site does NOT make this easy. Easiest is still to pick up the phone! 416-325-7893
This is OUR opportunity (a very important one) to tell Minister Gerretsen that we do NOT accept turbines in our drinking water, period. No setbacks at all.
- lake bed ecology will be compromised, possibly fatally
- the toxins that have naturally settled for 50 years on the lakebed will be disrupted, and affect our drinking water supplies
- migration routes will be damaged, habitats fragmented
- infrasound and noise over water is amplified, and there are no studies to determine safe distances
- the fragile Bluffs and shorelines of the North Shores of all the Lakes will be compromised
- turbines do not create reliable and reasonable amounts of power
- turbines are themselves manufactured out of petrochemicals, and a host of other dangerous chemicals, and house 1000 gallons of oil and lubricants each: imagine this in our drinking water!
- boaters’, yachters’, recreation areas will be spoiled and dangerous in certain weather conditions
- the cost offshore is prohibitive and the taxpayer will ultimately have power bills 2-4 times higher, for no benefit
- turbines always require back up…no single coal plant has shut down internationally due to wind turbines: green turbines is a myth
Thank you so very much.
Sherri Lange, Director of Toronto Wind Action