by Jan Carr And Guy Holburn, Financial Post
The Ontario Auditor-General’s 2011 report identified billions of dollars that electricity customers will pay beyond what is necessary for meeting environmental and other policy objectives in the provision of reliable electricity service. The report painted a picture of inefficiencies and missed opportunities caused by the government ignoring advice from independent expert agencies such as the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) and the Ontario Power Authority (OPA). Clear in the report is the increasingly frequent use of “directives” by the government that effectively bypass the objective, transparent analysis that these agencies provide. Read article
File Wind Complaints Here!
Join the Conversation
- barbara on May 15th at the ERT: Lisa Michaud
- Martin on Q & A with Hudak on wind turbines
- barbara on May 16th at the ERT: Helen Fraser
- 1957chev on Canadians Asked To Weigh In On Juno Beach Wind Turbine Proposal
- barbara on Q & A with Hudak on wind turbines
- JOHN E FOREMAN on Q & A with Hudak on wind turbines
- Wind power’s grip on Augusta weakening as ‘God’s Country’ presses its case
- Commissioners blow commercial wind turbines out of the county
- Wind farm battle turns personal; Opponents claim lack of due diligence by county officials
- Judge grants plaintiff’s motion to move Ocotillo wind lawsuit from federal to state court
- A new hurdle for wind farm? Opponents want higher bar for approval
- Wind farm under threat
- Wind act doesn’t treat all Mainers equally
- 170-foot blade breaks off wind turbine
- Loch Shin and Ben Assynt turbine plans get go-ahead
- Wednesday meeting to detail Greenwich wind farm proposal
- Turbine plan is off the radar due to complication
- Gamesa cuts 394 jobs in Spain
- Lee board OKs wind farm project; 12-9 vote overrules decision by lower panel
- Wind farm battle turns personal; Opponents claim lack of due diligence by county officials.
- German energy shift faces headwinds
- The road to a greener America is littered with road-kill
Tundra Swan Reports
- Stay tuned for what’s coming up on WWR.What we are working on: WWR will return on the 9th of January with Pat Swords and Christine Metcalfe and Aarhus Convention; Also Clive Hambler Conservation lecturer at Oxford. We sift through all of the suggestions and try to pick the most relevant, timely stories for each week. Please send them along!
- Stay tuned for what’s coming up on WWR.
Ontario Wind Turbine Map