Letter to Niagara This Week from Robert Russo
Throughout the previous provincial campaign you showed support for the McGuinty government in your opinion column. You professed that green energy was a good thing bringing to light the Hamburg wind turbines moving ever so slow, but producing power regardless. Nothing wrong with micro scale green energy for personal use. If you want to fix the Ontario deficit quickly start by scrapping the government subsidy to industrial solar and wind projects. This is the most regressive tax on all Ontario residents. Squandering 24 billion tax dollars over the next few years on producing less than one quarter of one percent of electrical needs for the Ontario grid. Not to mention the costs associated to pay other jurisdictions to take this green energy produced at non peak times. Read article
Join the Conversation
File Wind Complaints Here!
- Sounds you can’t hear can still hurt your ears
- Samsung winds down European wind activities
- FAA ruling could still wind farm plans
- Lack of transmission lines stands in the way of wind power
- Bill proposes adding wind industry to ‘Right to Farm’ Act
- MoD fearful of wind turbine effect on naval communications
- Scrap wind farm plans, urges economist Colm McCarthy
- Windfarm developer reveals scaled-down plans
- Judge denies Consumers on 2 wind trial motions; trial begins Monday
- FAA denies Pioneer Green Energy extension for wind turbine construction
- GMP fined for Lowell noise
- DUKE ENERGY's Shirley Wind turbines declared a "Human Health Hazard"
- Environment Secretary Liz Truss tells farmers 'no more handouts for ugly fields of glass'
- Solar farms are a blight on the landscape, says minister
- 100 jobs lost as wind farm factory is mothballed
- King Island’s wind farm fate closes in
Tundra Swan Reports
Ontario Wind Turbine Map