File Wind Complaints Here!
Join the Conversation
- State finds Fairhaven turbines in violation of noise regulations
- Wind program blown away; School winds down curriculum amid declining student interest
- Gaelectric fail in wind farm appeal
- Turbines to stay in Falmouth
- Board OKs wind farm; Mainstream wins close vote
- Griff Rhys Jones attacks green energy ‘desecration’ of countryside
- Huron County Health Unit will not proceed with request for IWT health study
- Wind farms proposal in France an affront to memories of Canadian soldiers
- Loch Shin and Ben Assynt turbine plans get go-ahead
- Wednesday meeting to detail Greenwich wind farm proposal
- Turbine plan is off the radar due to complication
- Gamesa cuts 394 jobs in Spain
- Lee board OKs wind farm project; 12-9 vote overrules decision by lower panel
- Wind farm battle turns personal; Opponents claim lack of due diligence by county officials.
- German energy shift faces headwinds
- The road to a greener America is littered with road-kill
Tundra Swan Reports
- Stay tuned for what’s coming up on WWR.What we are working on: WWR will return on the 9th of January with Pat Swords and Christine Metcalfe and Aarhus Convention; Also Clive Hambler Conservation lecturer at Oxford. We sift through all of the suggestions and try to pick the most relevant, timely stories for each week. Please send them along!
- Stay tuned for what’s coming up on WWR.
Ontario Wind Turbine Map
Tag Archives: Precautionary Principle
INQUIRY INTO RURAL WIND FARMS Legislative Council General Purpose Standing Committee No. 5 Media Release: …..during the Committee’s investigations, significant community angst and concern about the planning process, project design and monitoring of rural wind farms became apparent.” Recommendations to … Continue reading
SPECIAL REPORT By Richard Vivian Orangeville Banner Provincial plans to create a streamlined approval process for renewable energy projects have been met with a bevy of objections — from proponents, municipal leaders, and those who believe wind turbines negatively impact … Continue reading
By Don Crosby, The Owen Sound Sun Times Bruce County is calling on the province to study the health effects of wind turbines. “The province has stated that they are not going to do a health study. We’re going to … Continue reading
CBC News The Federation of Canadian Municipalities is asking Ottawa to fund more scientific research into the potential health effects of wind turbines. The organization has asked the government to focus on two areas: low-frequency noise and electrical disturbances from … Continue reading
Toronto Star It is discouraging to see the executive director of the Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment providing cover for the wind power industry. The environment does not consist merely of landscape but of people. It is not … Continue reading
Posted By MARY GOLEM, Owen Sound Sun Times An Arran-Elderslie councillor’s attempts to control the construction of large industrial wind turbines in the municipality has hit more roadblocks. Elderslie ward Coun. Mark Davis said yesterday he’s “getting really tired of … Continue reading
In conclusion I must add that as a physician with thirty years in practice and eight years of medical study before that, I feel very strongly that a moratorium needs to be placed on the construction of industrial wind turbines … Continue reading