START FAXING ON TUESDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 5TH, 2013! (OWR Ed. sorry about the late posting!)
The idea is to get fax machines running to the point of distraction and emails flooding offices. We are sending to constituency offices because Parliament is prorogued right now. According to reports from another campaign, this is an excellent way to get attention!
KEEP FAXING UNTIL YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL WITH EACH RECIPIENT. THIS CAMPAIGN WILL RUN FOR 7 DAYS, SO KEEP TRYING!
- Download and print the attached letters. RESIGNATION & MORATORIUM
- Send both letters to each recipient listed. Feel free to fax additional information if you wish to do so!
- Send the two forms to all recipients WITH YOUR OWN PERSONAL COMMENTS IN WRITING. BE SURE TO SIGN AND FILL OUT PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION. You may want to indicate that you want a response from them. Feel free to add information and fax along whatever you feel is important. But the fax itself is a potent message.
- The fax line may be busy! Keep sending until you are successful. In some instances this may take a second trip. Or it might be ten minutes later. Important to not give up until you have received confirmation that the message has gone through successfully. You may need to wait a few hours to get through. Go have a tea, and fax again.
- If using a public fax, it will cost a few bucks, but cheaper than coming to Toronto!
- Keep a hard copy for yourself.
- PLEASE, also send an email. Your email can be original, expressing again the need for Dr. King to resign, and your call for an immediate moratorium or you can cut, paste and send the fax message. Can be long or short: Put bold letters in the SUBJECT LINE. RESIGNATION ARLENE KING, or MORATORIUM or both.
- The idea is to get fax machines running to the point of distraction and emails flooding offices. We are sending to constituency offices because Parliament is prorogued right now. According to reports from another campaign, this is an excellent way to get attention.
- Please feel free to add more recipients if you wish.
- John Gerretsen is the Attorney General. His JOB is: GUARDIAN OF THE PUBLIC INTEREST. He has the ability to act as a Member of Cabinet and superintend legal matters and SHALL superintend all matters connected with the administration of justice in Ontario. http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/ag/agrole.asp
- Arlene King has the responsibility to: investigate and mitigate immediate risks to human health.
- YOUR COMMENTS can be personal, passionate, or professional; whatever you feel you need to convey the urgency of the health situation in Ontario at this time.
13. Kindly let us know if you have participated, so we can have an approximate tally. We may well conduct a second fax flood campaign.
Thank you for participating! Kindly distribute also to friends, neighbours, family, or colleagues, who feel the same and would like to convey their ideas to the recipient list.
Lorrie, Andrea and Sherri (coordinators)