A Renewable Energy Approval (REA) has been issued to Suncor Energy Products Inc. to engage in a renewable energy project in respect of a Class 4 wind facility consisting of the construction, installation, operation, use and retiring of 46 turbines with a total nameplate capacity of approximately 100 megawatts (MW). The wind facility will be connected to Hydro One’s distribution system.
This Class 4 wind facility, known as the Suncor Energy Cedar Point Wind Power Project, will be located in the Town of Plympton-Wyoming, Municipality of Lambton Shores, and Warwick Township, all within Lambton County, Ontario.
Note that since the REA application was deemed complete on December 5, 2013, Suncor Energy Products Inc. made changes to the project. The changes included the following:
- Addition of an underground collector line along Douglas Line and Uttoxeter Road entirely within the road right-of-way, from Turbine 71 to Townsend Line,
- Addition of an underground collector line along Aberarder Line between Old Heritage Road and Hillsboro Road, entirely within the road right-of-way,
- Minor change in the location of the overhead transmission line (located at the northwest corner of Proof Line and Rawlings Road) by 2 metres – off the road right-of-way and onto the adjacent private property,
- Addition of a new temporary staging area,
- Reduction of the number of transformers at the substation from 2 to 1,
- Minor change in the location of three turbine access roads and underground collector lines, and
- Minor changes to the proposed routing of the transmission line. Read more